Tuesday, December 27, 2011

TOEFL IBT Speaking Question 1 (Tips)

It's more simple than other speaking questions in TOEFL IBT, may be the simplest. In question 1, you will be asked to speak about a place, object, person or event and sometimes about our favorites. Do not be afraid of TOEFL. Just this ;)

Outline,
*Stating the point : Talk about what they want (My favorite fruit is ....)
*Description of context : describe it. (it is so healthy, its color....)
*Main reason of your idea and example about each of them : Just listing with true intonation. You can start like this; I guess the main reason....

Negative sample:

A holiday experience I didn't enjoy was a guided bus tour around Europe.
I was in may mid 20's at the time and I went with my girlfriend on a Eurotrip bus tour around most of western Europe.
The main thing that made this trip unenjoyable was the other people on the tour.
For example,... They were noisy at night and not really interested in the places and cultures we were seeing.
Besides that, I didnt enjoy ....

Another Example:

Personally, I would have to say that
----->My favorite thing is ...
----->If I got the opportunity to ...

First of all, ....... . For example,......
Second,....... For example,....
So, that's why .... (restate your idea like saying this; my favorite thing ....)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much! Your blog is really a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Bob :) This is helping me a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The all important Transition Words for comprehending the TOEFL Reading Section. I would be happy to receive some feedback from my readers. Also, please share
    GRE verbal course | GMAT prep course

    atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi may I know how to improce my speaking as when I was sitting for the test , I was so nervous thaf had no idea what I was speaking and screw it up in the end...so may I get some help? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If any one gone to take the TOEFL test, they should practice the exams before the actual TOEFL Exam.

    ielts vocabulary

    ReplyDelete
  6. The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination is an important part of the admission process for foreign/international students.

    Speaking Toefl

    ReplyDelete
  7. For those who are looking for expert tutors we are there for you.. 20+ years experienced Overseas Education and GRE GMAT TOEFL IELTS SAT PTE Coaching

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. TOEFL Speaking Practice

    ReplyDelete