Tuesday, December 27, 2011

TOEFL IBT Speaking Question 2 (Tips&Examples)

You will hear a single question that asks you to make and defend a choice between two different
behaviors.Your answer will express your opinion, and you will be expected to provide the reasons behind your opinions. The question is personal in nature.

Here is the kind of question you will be asked:

"Some high schools require all students to wear a uniform to school. Other schools allow students to wear whatever they want.Which policy do you think is better and why?"

As you see below, there are several types of outline. You can make a combination of these sentences. It's totally up 2 u ;) However, don't forget that in speaking section, if your outline is good, i mean the sentences which you only fill the blanks, you can get easily higher score. Believe me! Also I didn't believe this until I saw the score. I have just done this and got high score ;)
I am repeating; Do not be afraid of TOEFL.
Please, you can also repeat this; I am not afraid of TOEFL:)


15 seconds preparation time; 45 seconds to speak

Outline 1;
I definetely ---> prefer X rather thane Y
                 ---->agree that X rather than Y
First, ... (your first reason about the choice)
Second, ..... (your second reason about the choice)
So, that's why I prefer / I agree that ........

Outline 2(Approved);
Personally speaking, I'm more inclined to study alone......
As far as, I am concerned, I prefer ..... rather than .....
I strongly believe that ...... is more important than ......
First of all, the reasons why I choose it is that ......
Second, another reason I favor it is that.......
To sum up, because of there two reasons, I  go for 1st/2nd option

5 comments:

  1. I like this one, and thanks for the site it's helpful, Best wishes, Peter

    http://www.toeflteacherskype.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The test score works as a proof of their language proficiency and knowledge. Finding the Best TOEFL Coaching it self is a task because the objective of TOEFL classes

    Career in IELTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those who are looking for expert tutors we are there for you.. 20+ years experienced Overseas Education and GRE GMAT TOEFL IELTS SAT PTE Coaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn’t you love to give in your best and get the score that you have always wanted? In order to get a good TOEFL score, it is essential that you know what exactly a good TOEFL score is, and how much you should aim for learning.

    learning in the USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. TOEFL Speaking Questions

    ReplyDelete